Many affiliate users that sign up for your affiliate program are not going to know how to get started and they may not have the best understanding of your products and services. In many cases it will be your customers that will become your best affiliate users, however sometimes, you will have web site owners that do not know anything about your products and services sign up for your affiliate program and therefore the letter that you send to your affiliate users once they are approved is very important. In this blog post, I will go over some of the essential elements that you want to include in your approval email for your affiliate users.
- Include a detailed description of your products and services. Make sure it is as detailed as possible and it goes over all the benefits and unique selling points. If you have references online that are more detailed then you can include in your email, then link to those references. It is good to have links to online demos and pictures so that the new affiliate user can get a total understanding of your products and services.
- You should include the contact information for the affiliate manager. You should make it as easy as possible to reach the affiliate manager. You should have phone number and email address and the hours that the contact manager is available. Maybe you want to even include the normal response time it will take the contact manager to respond to requests.
- It is important to include basic instructions on how to get started. You want to let the affiliate user know how to use your marketing materials such as banners or the affiliate links.
- Let him know how often you will follow up with him. For example, maybe you will be sending him emails every month letting him know about new promotions or specials. You should let the affiliate user know and be clear with him how often you will communicate with him, so he does not consider your email as spam when he receives it.
- Make sure your email is personal. If you use Omnistar Affiliate Software, you can always have it say something like "Hi Bob." You can easily personalize all your email campaigns with the affiliate software.
- One idea is to offer your affiliate users incentives to get started. For example, you may have in the approval email, if they are able to get their first sale by a certain date then you will offer them a reward bonus. Also from our affiliate software you can easily setup a super affiliate. A super affiliate is when you award certain affiliate users a special commission because they are one of your top affiliate users. In your approval email, you can let affiliate users know what it will take for them to become a super affiliate.
These are the essential elements that will help you to create a successful affiliate approval email. It is also important that you follow up with your affiliate users shortly after you send them the approval email and ask them were they able to successful launch your affiliate program. If you can think of other important elements for the approval emails, please leave them in the comments below.
Image Source: Image by Christian Ferrari