More and more traditional businesses are embracing ecommerce today in an effort to improve sales and revenue, especially as the bulk of consumers are increasingly turning to the web for purchases. Companies these days do not need to feel compelled to spend hugely on conventional advertising campaigns. The reason is that there are now several avenues on the Internet that can be maximized to market products and services effectively without shelling out considerable amounts of money.
What is ecommerce?
Ecommerce, or electronic commerce, is essentially the buying and selling of products or services by means of an electronic medium or any application that rely on the Internet, such as web services, shopping carts, e-mail or instant messaging. Widely regarded as the process of using the Internet to conduct business transactions, ecommerce can refer to any of the following: online shopping, electronic payments, online auctions, Internet banking, and online ticketing. Ecommerce can be between a company and a customer or two businesses that deliver goods, services or funds.
What is ecommerce marketing?
As the ecommerce industry continues its growth, it becomes increasingly vital for businesses to capitalize on ecommerce marketing techniques. Ecommerce marketing is all about attracting customers and prospects to visit an online store or ecommerce website and entice them to make a purchase. Due to the ever increasing competition, it makes sense for every company operating today to maximize marketing strategies designed for the ecommerce landscape.
There are numerous effective ecommerce marketing methods that exist today, indicating that there are many avenues that ecommerce companies can make use of in order to boost their online presence. Whether the approach involves a pay-per-click strategy, search engine optimization (SEO), content marketing, social media marketing, email campaigns, affiliate marketing, referral marketing, or conventional advertising, the trick is to take full advantage of the benefits that these ecommerce marketing techniques have to offer.
Benefits of ecommerce marketing
Ecommerce marketing offers vast benefits to an ecommerce website. First of all, its significance is aligned in the manner shoppers make buying decisions. Analysts like Gartner have emphasized in their studies that consumers are increasingly using ecommerce marketing techniques like social media before making the decision to purchase. Through ecommerce marketing, businesses can establish relationships with existing customers and attract prospective ones minus the expenses associated with mass marketing.
Below are three major benefits that ecommerce marketing offers:
• Lower cost – One of the major advantages of ecommerce marketing is the lower costs involved compared with traditional marketing, which require rental or purchase of marketing materials. For example, social and business networking sites are free as well as SEO strategies. When employed and implemented properly, these two techniques alone can propel the web presence of an ecommerce site to greater heights.
• Targeted marketing – With the use of tools like analytics, targeted marketing becomes doable and cross-selling becomes easier to pursue, helping businesses to yield better advertising results and improved transactions. Likewise, ecommerce websites that make use of ecommerce marketing discover that establishing relationships with their target customers is easier through consistent tracking of their shopping and purchasing behavior.
• Wider customer reach – Ecommerce marketing offers businesses the opportunity to overcome barriers of distance and reach as many customers as possible. The market for Internet-based businesses is not restricted by any geographical limits. This signifies lesser growth constraints brought about by numerous restrictions usually associated with traditional businesses.
Benefits of reading this guide
This guide provides detailed techniques that will help ecommerce businesses to enhance their online presence, boost traffic, and improve overall sales. The ecommerce marketing strategies range from making good use of several networking sites to implementing link building campaigns, all of which have been proven to help in creating a niche for your ecommerce company even amidst a sea of competition. Reading this guide will give you concrete ideas and applicable concepts that can be carried out on their own or as part of an overall ecommerce marketing campaign.
Below is the list of topics that the guide takes up in detail:
• Chapter 1 – How Ecommerce Companies Can Grow Their Sales Using Facebook
This chapter discusses how you can take advantage of the most popular social networking site. The steps enumerated in the guide teach you how to use Facebook to find your target audience, expand your customer base and enhance your online sales.
• Chapter 2 – How Ecommerce Companies Can Grow Their Sales Using Twitter
This talks about the various ways you can use Twitter to find followers, bring more traffic to your site, cultivate your relationship with your target market, and grow your client base using practical strategies that enhance your Twitter presence and increase your store’s conversion rates.
• Chapter 3 – How Ecommerce Companies Can Grow with Pinterest
This section lists several tips and advice on how you can make use of Pinterest, which is considered as a major revenue driver. The chapter provides advice that helps to improve your brand recognition and to entice prospects to visit your ecommerce company.
• Chapter 4 – How to Grow Your Ecommerce Business Using LinkedIn
Apart from providing useful information on how to optimize your use of the different social networking sites, the guide also helps you to get the most out of LinkedIn, the most widely used business networking site, and use it to broaden your reach and obtain new customers.
• Chapter 5 – How Ecommerce Companies Can Grow with Google+
This section explains the huge significance of the new entrant to the social media world and why your business ought to take advantage of this important tool to get your business to as many Google users as possible.
• Chapter 6 – Best Link Building Strategies to Grow Your Ecommerce Store
This chapter lists several examples of how you can build links from relevant sites using white hat methods. The methods are not just applicable for getting linkbacks, but also in improving the ranking of your ecommerce company at search engines.
• Chapter 7 – How Ecommerce Companies Can Use Content Marketing
Learn strategies that you can use to promote your business using content marketing. Some of the content you can use to increase traffic for your store are articles, press releases, videos, and many other methods. Find out what content marketing is and how you can use it to grow your business from this chapter.
So, if you want to know how to attain better results from marketing your ecommerce company, be sure to read and digest the practical pointers provided in The Ultimate Guide to Market Your Ecommerce Store. With this guidebook, you will have a better understanding of how to take advantage of social media marketing tools and linking strategies that do not merely provide long term effects but are also targeted at growing your ecommerce company, ultimately bringing fruition to your corporate goals.