1. How do I reset the admin password in the affiliate management program solution?
Follow these instructions to reset your administrative password:
- Download the file called, 'reset_password.php' which is located in the affiliate folder.
- Open that file in an editor and enter your database information into the corresponding variables. For example:
- Save the file and upload the file back to your web server. Make sure the file is put back in the folder named affiliate.
- Go to the web page in a browser. For example go to: http://www.YourDomain.com/affiliate/reset_password.php.
Once you pull up this page it will reset the password to admin/admin. Then you should login with admin/admin and change the password.
- Remove your database information from
the reset_password.php page.
2. I am having trouble uploading large files, what can I do?
Uploading Large Files:
- Set the value of the following PHP settings to 16M:
You can do this through the php.ini file
or you can add the following lines to your Apache under the virtual
host and restart Apache:
php_admin_value upload_max_filesize 16M
php_admin_value post_max_size 16M
- Set the value of the following MySQL variable to 16M:
This can be accomplished by: modifying '/etc/my.cnf' under [mysqld] and setting:
Keep in mind that 'my.cnf' can reside in different directories depending on the installation. Usually it is '/etc/my.cnf',
'/var/lib/mysql/my.cnf' or '/usr/local/var/my.cnf'.
3. Apache Upload Troubleshooting
are still having trouble once you set the parameters above,
then you should check the following Apache limits:
You should especially check the first one
in 'httpd.conf'. It is possible the POST data
is larger than the value in the LimitRequestBody
4. How can I re-brand the product?
To re-brand the product you should view the Omnistar Affiliate Branding Guide.