Omnistar Affiliate comes with the ability to provide your affiliate users with a mirror of your affiliate program site using site replication. After you set up the replication, the software stores your template files and will copy all of those files into a new directory when an affiliate user completes the sign-up form. Follow the steps below to set up replication:
1. Enable Replication
- Enable replication by first locating the 'etools2.php' file, which is located in the lib directory of your affiliate software.
- Find the variable $enable_replicate and set the value to 1.
2. Build Your Web Site Template
- Locate the file called, 'index.php' in the replicate directory of your affiliate software. This is the template file for the first page of your replicated site.
- Basic users should make any desired changes to this file below the line which reads:
<!--UPDATE HEADER AFTER THIS LINE. DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BEFORE THIS LINE UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING -->
- More advanced users can completely modify the file, including adding links to external sylesheets, scripts, etc. HOWEVER, be sure that the following line remains in the head section of the file:
- Any number of files and/or folders can be added to the replicate directory and will be copied to a new location once an affiliate user signs up.
3. Set Replicated Files Location
- By default, when a new user signs up, replicated files will be stored in:
The $affiliate_id represents the affiliate id that is automatically assigned to affiliate users when they sign up.
- If you would like to change the location of the replicated files, first locate the 'etools2.php' file, which is in the lib directory.
- Find the following line of code:
In the line above, $PATH represents where your affiliate software is installed. This location will be different for every installation.
- You can change the location of replicated files to any folder within the /affiliate/ directory.
- Web site replication is now set up. To test, sign up as a new affiliate user. A replicated site should automatically be created and the link should be provided once you login as the user that you have created.
5. Website replication and file replacement
- If you have to go back and fix your replicated site after you already have affiliate users that use your replicated site and you want your affiliate users that have your replicated site to now have your new changes you can easily do this. Here are the steps:
1. From the Main Menu click on System Settings.
2. On this page you will see text:
You have replication turned on. If you have made changes to your files then click on the link below to replace the files in your affiliate user's directory.
All you have to do now is click on the link “Replace Replicated Files”
That’s it. Our Software will do the rest and make sure your new replicated site is moved to all of your affiliate users that were currently using the old replicated site.